Wednesday, July 2, 2014

SO MUCH NEW ART!!


David Wolfe

Raw nutrition expert

You may recognize him from the NutriBullet infomercial! I became increasingly intrigued by David's work after seeing him on a food documentary called Food Matters that I watched in college. He was being interviewed in the film and started listing all these crazy super foods. I grabbed a notepad and in that moment, my world and knowledge of super foods began to expand.




Mandisa

Singer

My senior year of college I had 9 AM class Monday-Friday. Since the Christian station is one of very few stations to play music that early, I would listen to Craig, Amy and Kankelfritz on my commute. They played the SAME song EVERY single day. Eventually it grew on me to the point where I would wait for them to play it and it always made me dance in my car.





 Desirée Venn Frederic

Vlogger

One night while drawing, I was on YouTube listening to Spirit Science videos, when I stumbled onto Desirée's channel, xoDVF. She has a bunch of cool natural remedy videos for health and beauty, but it was her spiritual awakening videos that grabbed my attention. She's so beautifully articulate and I just love listening to people's spiritual testimonials. I learn just as much from people's personal spiritual experiences as I do from my own. I felt really drawn to her and felt the desire to draw her.






Remmy

I received an email about a month ago from a woman who wanted me to draw her recently deceased Great Dane. He passed away at only five months old due to a heart condition. :( Here's where it gets special. She asked me if it would be possible if I could incorporate Remmy's ashes into the watercolor, so a piece of him would be in the drawing. How could I say no? I thought it was an awesome idea and sure enough, I received a small package in the mail a few days later with the ashes in a large pill bottle. When it came time to watercolor the background, I sprinkled some of his ashes into the paint, which gave the drawing a really interesting texture.  RIP Remmy



Maya Angelou


Maya, Maya, Maya. What a beautiful soul. My parents LOVE her and had the absolute privilege to hear her speak in January while she was here in Florida. I decided to draw her for my dad's birthday present, shortly after she had passed. I am so proud of how beautiful the drawing turned out. While I was working on this drawing, I repeatedly kept listening to short videos the OWN Network created of Maya talking about love, life, happiness, God, etc. She has such a way with words. I was left in tears. Take the time to listen to all of them.





Wedding Pictures







Shari

This drawing meant so much to me. My sister gave me the idea to draw our friend's mom for her birthday. She lost her parents a year ago and I knew this would be an extra special gift. It's a drawing of her mom on her wedding day. My friend got married two weekends ago, the week after her birthday. At the wedding, the photographer took a picture of my friend specifically for me to reference, so I can draw her looking back at her mom. 



I love what I do. I am blessed to feel that I have found my calling at such a young age.
Much Love


No comments:

Post a Comment