I've been reluctant to post on my blog for the last two months because my laptop that I had throughout college completely crashed and died. RIP. I've ben using my dads laptop in the meantime but I don't want him finding my blog url under his history so that's why I was MIA.
But my new laptop came in the mail today! I got an awesome Groupon deal for a Toshiba Satellite, discounted $400 off. It's programed with Windows 8...which I'm not familiar with and trying to adjust to.
I wanted to share with you guys ten things I do in my everyday life to keep my happiness and sense of peace as high as possible.
1. As soon as I wake up in the morning, I juice. Typically I throw in an apple, cantaloupe, all sorts of berries, spinach or kale and a banana. Eating healthy is the way to go!
2. Stretch! Immediately after I juice and take my vitamins, I do the p90x stretch to wake up my body and get the blood flowing. Video can be found on YouTube.
3. Yoga! When I first started doing yoga I thought it was this odd group fitness class that only chicks do. Now it's a daily part of my life. Yoga forces you to clear your mind of all the bullshit and allows you to focus on connecting the poses with the breath. I promise you yoga will kick your butt. If you're interested (which I highly recommend you give it a try), there's a website called YogaVibes.com that offers a 15 day free trial with hundreds of online streaming classes to choose from. If you want to get more advanced, you can find the p90x yoga on YouTube.
4. I meditate, which is changing my life. Meditation and concentration are the way to a life of serenity. I encourage you all to find a guided meditation video on YouTube and allow yourself to take time out of your hectic schedule to sit and relax your mind and thoughts. "You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day, unless you're too busy, then you should sit for an hour." Old Zen saying
5. I read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment. "It can transform your thinking...the result? More joy, right now!" -Oprah...She's telling the truth, I feel happier every time I read it. It's a great investment and you can find it on Amazon.
6. I bought a gym membership at YouFit. Working out and lifting weights always makes me feel like a pimp. I struggle with trying to gain weight so staying super active always keeps my appetite through the roof.
7. I use an app called iDrated which allows me to track my water intake for the day. I had no idea I was dehydrating myself so much prior to downloading it. Did you know we're supposed to be drinking 100 ounces of water a day? Download it! I think it's $.99
8. I drink tea everyday! It's so wonderful for your body and it tastes delicious. I want to buy everything in Teavana when I go there but it's too expensive so I stick with Tazo and Yogi tea. Green tea really helped with my acne.
9. I take my dad's beach cruiser out and get in my cardio exercise. I love bike riding! I just want a cute guy to go bike riding with. It's so peaceful to be surrounded in nature and admire all the beauty around us that we all too often don't stop to appreciate.
10. I pray everyday. Never doubt what a prayer can do. Furthermore, I try to make a conscious effort to listen to a church podcast once or twice a week through a church that's based out in San Francisco called GLIDE. Most of the church is made up of gay people, even the pastor is a lesbian! I believe all their sermons are available via podcast. Even if you don't consider yourself a Christian, the message is always positive and encouraging.
I hope some of these things resonate with you. I want nothing more than to bring happiness to as many people as possible.