Monday, August 29, 2011

I'll Never Forget You Lauren

This past Wednesday I went to the Counseling Center to reunite with my amazing, fantastic and unbelievably helpful counselor. I haven’t been so sad and upset since my grandmother past away when the woman behind the counter uttered the words

“I’m sorry sir, Lauren left.”

I just stood there and felt this wave of sadness wash over me. I wanted to plop down and start crying right where I stood. I had to fight my emotions and accept the fact she moved on with her life. At first I was angry that she didn't tell me she was leaving, but I realized she probably couldn't due to confidentiality reasons.

Besides my family members and close friends, Lauren helped me grow as a person more than any other person I have ever met in my life. She became more than my counselor, she became someone I looked up to in so many ways. She listened to me no matter what I said, she didn’t laugh at the ridiculous things I would say, she gave me the most amazing advice and I will forever cherish the time we spent together. I looked forward to our Friday appointments each week!

I would leave our sessions with such a boost of confidence and the biggest smile on my face. Lauren knows about my blog and has the URL, so if you are reading this, I want you to know you have a very special place in my heart. I hope wherever you are, that you're happy. I miss you so much! Thank you for helping me when my soul was broken.

5 comments:

  1. aw i hope she sees your post. it's always a nice feeling when you know you've had a good impact on a patient. i'm sure you're one of the peeps who made her appreciate her job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left? No notice?! Jeez..kind of an unprofessional thing to do, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's only natural to feel upset about suddenly having that relationship disappear. From personal experience, a counsellor is great ally in helping you unlock your own feelings and therefore building a very strong bond between you two. In my case this immense trust was an amazing thing, to me, anyway :) (I'm sure she was used to hearing that!)

    If she suddenly got another job offer over the summer, etc... she may have not been allowed to contact you for privacy reasons, my counsellor mentioned she would never want to put me in an awkward position and initiate contact and possibly jeopardize the privacy aspect.

    In either case sad to hear, but hopefully you do find a new counsellor that you can connect with. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn, really sorry to hear this man. i know she helped you alot to become who you are but know that a lot of it has happened because of you. you've changed so much since the firs time we started talkin and its awesome to see the progress youve made. keep it up buddy and know you got me here for whatever man

    ReplyDelete